Tried & True Ways to Avoid Probate, Part 3

Financial Power of Attorney

If due to illness, accident or old age you become disabled and cannot manage your own finances, the Probate Court in the county in which you live has the power to appoint someone to control your finances.  This someone may be your relative, an agency, or public administrator.

Solution:   Sign a Durable Power of Attorney for Finances, also known as a FInancial Power of Attorney, and decide for yourself who you want to manage and control your finances should the time arise.  Keep the Probate Court out of your business.

Leave a Reply