My question to everyone age 18 on up is “Do you have an estate plan?”
It is essential that you have certain legal documents in place. Here are a few important questions to ask yourselves, your parents, and your adult children.
1. Do you have a Durable Power of Attorney for Healthcare and one for Finance?
2. Do you have either a will or a trust?
3. Do you know what type of end-of-life care do you want? Do you have these wishes written down?
4. Are all of these documents current?
5. Do you know where you keep these documents?
6. Do you have an attorney or financial advisor?
If you have answered “No” to any of these questions or ask “What is an estate plan?”, please contact me. I will provide you with answers as well as information on how to protect yourself and your assets..